Transfer news and rumour mill - 4/7/17
- First Division leaders Waterford FC have endured a busy Independence day with one in and one out of the RSC today. Departing the club is LOI veteran, Dave Mulcahy, who has been forced to step away from the "Blues" title push due to work commitments. However, filling the void left by the former "Bohs" man will be Shamrock Rovers defender, Sean Heaney, who arrives on loan for the remainder of the 2017 season.
- A day on from Kieran Sadlier's transfer to Cork City, Sligo Rovers have today announced the loss of another midfield player from their squad with Liam Martin having his contract cancelled by "mutual consent" due to "personal reasons."
- Finn Harps were today dealt a blow with the news that on loan Dundalk striker, Ciaran O'Connor was not only returning to his parent club but was on route to Dalymount Park for the remainder of the season in a new loan deal. O'Connor's move to Bohemians has now been confirmed as the "Gypsies" look to ease some of the pressure on main marksman, Dinny Corcoran.
- Despite rumors linking Cabinteely FC captain, Daire Doyle with a move back to his former club, Longford. Between the Stripes have been told by sources that the LOI veteran is not on the move.
- Often linked with a move back to the LOI, former Derry wizard, Niall McGinn has this morning announced a move to Korean club, Gwangji FC.
- St.Patrick's Athletic have announced the departure of former Shamrock Rovers midfielder, Patrick Cregg from Richmond Park. This comes in the wake of the "Saints" double capture of high-profile names, Killian Brennan and Owen Garvan.
Have we missed a confirmed transfer from today in the LOI? Do you have a hot transfer rumuor? If so drop us a tweet on @betweenstripes, find us on Facebook by searching 'Between the Stripes' or get us on the good old email at email@example.com.